Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Split ends

There's nothing quite like the way a good haircut makes you feel. Bored with my static look, I had been growing my hair for the past 6 months in hopes of trying a new do. I had it cut into a more modern style with lots of long layers in November. After suffering through the last 8 weeks - I hated seeing myself in the mirror, which is a problem because the one in our bathroom covers half of one wall - I decided enough was enough. My hair is thick and straight, and happens to love a bobbed, chin-length cut. I'm happy to say "the hair" is back!

Some of you know that I accepted a job at a new branch of the library back in Dec. I received a call today that my paperwork has been processed and they want me to start Tuesday. That sound you heard was my inner procrastinator having a major breakdown. I thought I'd have until the beginning of February. This is NOT enough time to switch gears from full-time SAHM status to actually working outside the home.

I've spent 5 hours a day, Monday through Friday, for the last 3 years without kids underfoot. My house should be featured in Better Homes & Gardens with all the time I've had on my hands to get this place organized from A-Z. What the hell was I doing?? Oh yeah... procrastinating, with a little laundry and cooking thrown in for fun.

Help me.

2 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Jana said...

I'll adopt you if you bring the laundry skills.

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Kimberlee said...

That's why I love you, Jana. :) You always know the right thing to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home