Friday, January 14, 2005

Put on the shackles

This is my last morning as a "free woman".

I start my job Tuesday. I don't count Monday because it's MLK day - how to celebrate? - and the kids will be home. Not exactly what I call free.

I should do something to mark this occasion. It will be first time in over 10 years that I'll be working consistently. Last year's sporadic substitute jobs don't count. I could accept as many or as few per month as I chose, so it was a "fun" job. This time around, my butt (and the rest of me) will belong to someone Monday through Friday, 4 hours a day, not including national holidays.

I am excited about this new venture, but I can still mourn what will soon be my "old life".

All those times I complained of boredom and the routine of daily housework, yada-yada. Bah. At least it was MY time table and I could choose to do nothing if the day presented itself that way. More often that not, it was my first choice before even getting out of bed. Heh. Maybe this new routine will somehow help me get my act together. I won't be able to afford the luxury of inefficiency - unless I want to suffer a nervous breakdown.

I think I'll call my best friend and visit with her. Maybe hit some stores and grab lunch at Panera. Just one more sweet morning of nothing.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home