Monday, December 04, 2006

Taking the easy way out

It's a busy day here. Shipping out items to my eBay bidders. I sold $286 of stamp stuff over the last week. Woooo! Unfortunately, it will all be going to bills. Boooooo!

Our first costume rehearsal is tonight, so I also have to get a few more things for both of my outfits. I swear, my next play will NOT be a period piece - it's too expensive! LOL!

I know some of you have seen this at MR, but it's all I've got today. Forgive me? :D

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate, if it's cold outside. Eggnog, if it's spiked.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? When Santa "existed," he wrapped. Only in special Santa wrap that was hidden from prying little eyes.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on tree, color on the house

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

5. When do you put your decorations up? We used to put them up the day after Thanksgiving, but it's usually around the beginning of Dec. now. I'm getting lazier. (As of today, Dec. 4, there is still nothing up in or on my house...)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Honeybaked (or similar) ham. I loooove the crunchy coating!

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Lying in bed at night and watching the big Christmas bulbs outside cast light & shadows on my bedspread.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I really don't remember. I do remember sneaking around looking for my gifts. It got so bad, my mom had to hide them at the neighbor's house!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We let the boys open on small gift that night.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lights first, followed by some muttering, then ornaments & the star. It's mostly made up of the ones the kids have made or picked out each year with some red glass balls thrown in to break it up.

11. Snow! I wish, but not possible in FL. The only time I've ever had snow at Christmas was when we lived in Ohio for two years. It snowed the first year we were there.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, but it's been a while.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? No

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? To remember that it's not about the sales & hoopla.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Don't really have a special one. I'll eat pretty much any thing labeled "dessert."

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Walking/driving around to see all the Christmas lights & displays.

17. What tops your tree? A lit star

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I really like giving - one of my favorite things is to get names from the Foster Angel tree at the boys' schools and buy for them. It's a lot of fun!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Traditional: Silent Night; Not so: Cool Yule by Louis Armstrong

20. Candy Canes? In my hot chocolate, sometimes on my tree. I like the non-traditional chocolate-mint types. Yumm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home