Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Snakes! Why'd it have to be snakes?

Talk about creating a buzz. Or would that, more appropriately, be a hissssss?

Phone rings on Sunday afternoon. DH answers it, listens for a bit, and starts laughing. I'm thinking "Who is making him laugh and WHAT are they saying??" He hangs up and tells me that he just got a personal call from Samuel L. Jackson.

This guy. Right. Uh-uh.

If you go
here, you can send your very own personalized SLJ message to any one of your friends (or enemies, just don't use YOUR name at the prompt ;-) ), by phone or email. I'm not sure how it would work if it went to an answering machine, so we've been sending ours by email. However, getting the message by phone was pretty funny.

A word of warning - if you value your friendships and want to avoid embarrassing them, make sure they know who SLJ is and "Snakes on a Plane" is just a movie, or you might be answering questions from the police.

DH sent this to a friend Monday. I asked him later that night if B. had received it. He said that he had and here's what happened. B. sent it along to his brothers and some other people. One of those was a 91 year old neighbor who has known B. for years. Well, this poor guy was so scared that "this man knew my name and your name, too, B. He said he was going to come looking for me!", he called his son, who called the police. The story ends here, because DH had to cut his conversation short with our friend.

Was it bad that I started to laugh after DH told me this?


Yeah, probably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home