Monday, July 17, 2006

"Bring me the monkey, I need to shoot something!"

Because if there's no monkey available, the only thing left is the dog (at least before I get to the children whom inhabit this house - and that's what I'm trying to avoid here.)

The boys have only been awake for four and a half hours, and have managed to find my last nerve and go at it with something akin to 40-grit sandpaper. Why must siblings fight over the stupidest things? Why must a 14 year old behave like a 7 year old? Why must the 11 yo, in turn, behave like a 5 yo? Why must I repeat my every request only to do it again? Why, why, a thousand times why?? My enquiring mind wants to know, but right now, I don't think I can handle the truth.

Working from home is also not adding to the domestic peace for which I search. One computer + plus three humans = power struggle. No sooner do I sit down when I hear, "When can I get on?" "He's been on the computer already!" Blah, blah, blah. Never mind that my usage is usually (Hi, MT-ers!) for bringing money into this house. Some days, I want to throw the whole kit and kaboodle out into the trash. Same with the TV.

I can, with all honesty, say that when I look back on this after the kids have left the nest, I will NOT miss this.

1 Comments:

At 12:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear ya! My kids are younger than yours but when people say, "Oh, you'll miss this time when they're older" all I can really think is that they're crazy. I'm pretty certain that I won't miss the 4 yr old biting the 6 yr old because he looked at him cross-eyed or the 6 yr old taunting the 4 yr old for no reason other than just to be mean. I KNOW I won't miss the "UH! WHY DO I HAVE TO DO ALL THE WORK?!" when I ask my 6 year old to put his dirty clothes in the washer...See, you totally get my drift ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home