Friday, August 04, 2006

Wait for it...

Listen.

You hear that?

*pause*

I believe it's the faint sound of "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year". The boys have begun another 180 days of incarceration, uh, education in our school system. Incarceration... education: depends on whom you ask in this house. All I know is that I can actually hear myself think for the first time in almost 3 months.

The things I'm thinking today:

I'm tired,
I need to go to the gym,
the dog needs a bath (giving her a bath could count as a workout in my book since she's a 50-lb. squirmer),
I'm seeing tumbleweeds in the hall so it must be time to vacuum,
the laundry is falling off the back of the couch, so it's time to put it away,
I have to shop for teacher lists,
No food in the house, so it must be time to go grocery shopping,
and
I'm tired.

Hearing oneself think is highly overrated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home