Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Happy Hump Day!

It's Wednesday, but what does that mean for someone who works from home? The seven days all run together. Weekends are a figment of my imagination. I guess the upside is that I don't dread Mondays the way I used to when I worked outside the home.

Ah yes, work. I'm still a proofreader for my neighbor's company. It will be a year in September since I left the library and started working from home. The grass is always greener, right?

Proofreading involves finding errors and correcting them. So, if my job is all about finding errors, why do I get so pissed off when I find them? I really don't have an issue with errors. Hey, we're all human. My issue is with the same people who make the SAME errors, time & time again. That's when I get testy. I suppose I'm expecting people to LEARN from their mistakes, when they're just thinking "Eh, someone will fix it." Grumble....

But where else can I make a good hourly wage and still be able to wear my well-worn, purple felted Land's End mules? Not at the library. So, I need to remember to count myself among the fortunate ones whenever I start to feel that irritated nerve rear its ugly head. Too bad there's not some type of surgery to remove it.

2 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always wondered... what happens when there's a typo in a Stephen King book? Do you suppose that proofreader is fired? Because inevitably I always find one.

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger Kimberlee said...

LOL! Maybe he just kills them off in other novels. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home