Friday, March 11, 2005

Zzzzzzzzzz

I envy people who have something to write about each day.

Life here is boring, people. Plain and simple. My big thrill was getting this from the Brown Guy today. (This is what happens when you have the most basic cable service - i.e. 10 channels. I'm amazed at how easy it is to keep watching something that I normally wouldn't think twice about.) Haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure that the 12 y.o. will want first crack at it for making a smoothie after school. After all, he was the one egging me on to order it. If it gets him more active in the kitchen, it's worth the money.

More boredom ahead -

I was off at noon today and was so excited to have two and a half hours to myself that I celebrated by going to ...

COST*CO

Wooo-boy. From noon to 1:30, I strolled the aisles looking at all the new and not-so-new things. (Oooh! Clear storage bins with lids - only $13.99 for fourteen!! Hmmm. I could use some new socks. Looks like we'll be having chicken parmesean for dinner tonight, baby!) Sampling was good - enough to qualify as "lunch", but I still found time to hit a drive-through on the way home. After two months of working, I realize how little time I have to just hang out. The only thing that would've made it better was to have someone giving samples of 5-minute neck massages. Other than that, it was heaven.

After all this excitement, I think I need a little nap.







2 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Yeah, I agree - life is boring. There is a Ben Lee song that I love which goes "a lot goes on, but nothing happens".

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger maricar lianne said...

Costco is pure excitement in this household. Ours once had free trials on massaging chairs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home