Friday, February 11, 2005

Pass the M&Ms

I'm sorely tempted to eat the treats I bought for J's class party Monday. They're in the pantry - Toot*sie Pops, Smar*ties, m&ms - calling to me. It's just been that kind of week.

Do NOT trust me with important information, sharp objects or anything else you don't want lost or stolen. Case in point: concert tickets for Alison Krauss & Union Station. Take a look at the picture and tell me what date is printed there.



If you read Mon., Feb. 7, then YOU deserved to go. I'm sure it was a terrific concert. But unfortunately, I don't know how to read or properly transfer information to my calendar, so we missed the concert. You read correctly - WE MISSED IT. After receiving the tickets back in Dec., I opened them and noted it on the calendar for Feb. 8 and placed them in a safe place so as not to lose them. Yes, I'm an idiot. Maybe the number 8 (as in P.M.) just jumped out at me. Who knows? If there was a way to physically kick my own ass, I would. We'd been looking forward to this for two months. It was our Valentine's Day treat. $45 a pop!! You can only imagine the sick feeling in my stomach when we opened the envelope to check the tickets that morning. As DH said, though, it's not a tragedy in the grand scheme of things. I realize that, but I can still be sick about it.

As for good news: the formal dedication for the library was held yesterday and everything went smoothly save for a little rain to start the day. More than 300 people attended, which is great for a weekday morning. The chorus from one of the schools performed a particularly moving a cappella rendition of "The Star-Spangled Banner". Local politicians had to be there to let us know how much they fought for it. (yadda yadda). Cold Stone Cream*ery provided ice cream cake slices that were drool-inducing and wonderful! The PR department did a terrific job, but even with all the accolades, the staff just wanted to get down to the bid-ness of being a library.

Last but definitely not least. E. is going to his first school dance tonight! He came home yesterday and told me that his friend had talked him into going. Of course, he's just going "for the food". Heh. How I wish I could be a fly on the wall there tonight, but I know he'd never want me there as a chaperon. What kid does? At least he still tells me most things that happen with him and his friends. I'll have to settle for that.

1 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger Jana said...

That breaks my heart. That's a good concert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home