Friday, January 28, 2005

Let's get this party started!

Almost everything has been shelved in the new library, so during our break today, we were able to go shopping. *happy dance*

I admit - I started in the DVD section, but once these things are available to the public, they seem to disappear into the depths of the "on-hold" database. I DO plan to get books - just not this weekend.

Here's what's playing, in no particular order - Ghost World, About A Boy, and The Hours. It's started raining and the oldest is at a friend's house overnight, so I think I'll pop one in as soon as the nine year-old is in bed.

I also have a favor to ask. Hook me up with some good books to read. I'm so tired of the NY Times list and the library catalog isn't much help. I know you all have favorites, and I'm open to anything. Ah, related to book-reading, that is. I'll start a list to take to work on Monday, so gimme all ya' got!

6 Comments:

At 7:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that things are going well at the job. Don't really have any book recommendations, but I wanted to say that I really like the movie About A Boy. :)

Suze

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Spring said...

Reading Lolita in Tehran. It's fairly popular at the moment but it's a wonderful book.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Sasha@Pw said...

I heart the movie About a Boy. So great. Some favorite books of mine: The Red Tent, Poisonwood Bible, The Nanny Diaries, Like Water for Chocolate...to name a few.

 
At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home