Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Mama needs a new pair of shoes

Day two on the job and woooowheee, are my dogs hurtin'! I knew it included a lot of standing because that's what shelving books requires, but day-um. I've worn these shoes quite a bit, however putzing around the house or strolling through the mall doesn't require quite the same foot stamina. A good thing is that my thighs are getting quite the workout with all the squatting. I won't feel too bad for missing a day or two at the gym now.

Today was Story Time at the library. There were 52 - yes, 52 - little 2-3-4 year olds in attendance. When they came out of the room, it was as if they'd been sucking on Pixie Stix the entire time and were starting to crash. The silence was almost deafening when they left.

We move into the new building next week. I'm really excited about that. Everything will start out in its proper place. However, I know the beauty that is an organized section will be fleeting once we have to open the doors to the public. I've been re-discovering my inner anal-retentive the last two days every time I see a misplaced book. It really bugs the crap out of me. Maybe I picked the wrong place to work.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home