Monday, January 24, 2005

Do it now

If you're reading this, stop... go hug your husbands, wives, significant others, family or friends right now. Tell them you love them and just hang onto them for a while.

I found out late yesterday that the husband of one of my friends died Saturday. He decided to grab a nap before taking his 10 year old and a friend out for the afternoon. Nothing out of the ordinary. She went to check on him a short time later and that was it. He was gone.

All I can think of is how I just saw her Thursday evening - we were jawing about some PTA stuff and catching up after the holidays. And just two days later, she loses the love of her life. I think about her son and I can't imagine my boys going through the awful pain of losing their dad. Whether or not you believe in God or a higher power, please keep them in your thoughts.

That Tim Mc*Graw song, Live Like You Were Dying, has been in my head all day. Did he? Did they? Do any of us? It's scary as hell to think about, because I know what my answer is.

Damn.


2 Comments:

At 9:30 PM, Blogger 보보 said...

i agree- it's really scary how life can be okay one day and then simply fall into a pothole just like that the next day.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger 보보 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home