Monday, February 07, 2005

Glasses menagerie

Finally found a new pair of glasses last week. I've always preferred wearing them over contacts because a) they're easier to clean when they become dirty, b) they draw attention away from my other facial flaws (big plus) and c) i think they're a cool accessory.

Once I get a pair that I like, however, I want to hold on to them as long as possible because I hateshopping for them. It's more torture than swimsuit shopping each spring. The indecisive part of my brain goes bonkers because there are too many styles to choose from! DH has long since abandoned helping me in my pursuit of the perfect pair. Smart man.

Then there are all the add-on options: non-glare, transition tinting, plastic or polycarbonate, ad nauseum. My head is always on the verge of exploding while I juggle all this AND try to find a pair of flattering frames. Of course, I add to my misery by visiting more than one optical shop. That's always what the indecisive person needs - MORE choices.

Luckily, the shop I where I bought these has an unconditional 30-day guarantee, in case I find another frame I like better. *cough* It could happen. *cough*


2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Kimberlee said...

If I wasn't such an old fart and owned a 21st century digital camera, I could post one. I don't think my glasses would hold up well in the scanner. ;)

 
At 4:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shop online today. Forget driving to the mall when you can just click the mouse and order from your favorite store. No traffic to deal with

 

Post a Comment

<< Home