Friday, February 18, 2005

Don't make me get the ruler...

One of the patrons (and I use the term loosely) who is known for being a sticky fingers at another library, has been visiting us frequently since our branch opened. According to my boss, he's partial to DVDs and has made off with a few at the other branch. I don't know why the staff there hasn't done anything to stop him, but I'll be damned if he gets any on my watch.

So, I spent an hour of my day yesterday following him. To hell with discretion - he KNEW I was watching him. I even made a point of asking him if he needed help. What I really wanted to do was say "Look ass*hole, we're on to you, okay? Now why don't you just leave and go steal something from Wal*Mart and leave the county stuff alone. I've got work to do!" He tries to be sneaky - he'll come in for a while, then leave and come back 20 minutes later dressed differently. Hello, McFly??! Like we're that stupid to be fooled by a change of clothes. He must have serious issues and a lot of money to spend all day doing this shit. Seriously, the man comes in every. single. day.

Part of me secretly hopes to catch him pilfering so I can bust his ass. Is that wrong? Heh.

2 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Jennie said...

Oooh, get him!!!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Jana said...

Ok, picturing you in the glasses and librarian clothes being sadistic is too much for me. Off to a cold shower.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home