Wednesday, January 25, 2006

What color is love? Maybe brown...

Warning: put down all food and/or drink before continuing. Not for the squeamish.

Let's start with DH's need to de-clutter our house....

He's been on a kick ever since reading this
book a few weeks ago. Actually, he was doing research for a news story, and found out that she lives a block away from where we lived 10 years ago. Weird. But I digress...

So Monday night, I took my necklace off and left it on the table next to the chair in our living room. A beautiful Sunrise topaz pendant set in sterling that I had purchased only 2 weeks ago at a local art festival. I rarely treat myself to things like this - not really being a jewelry fanatic - but this little piece called out to me.

Fast forward to this morning. I go to the table to get it and it's not there. Walk to the bedroom and check my dresser where I see the sterling chain, but no pendant. Calling to DH, he tells me that it's on the dresser. Uh, no, it's not. Start searching frantically and can... not... find... it. DH did not realize, I suppose, that the pendant could slip off of the chain. I was pissed and upset. It didn't help that Aunt Flo was making her appearance at the same time. Yes, I KNOW it was an accident, but that doesn't make me any less upset. What if I'd moved something of his and it'd had been lost or damaged? Can I just leave something somewhere without having to worry about it being moved all the time??!

I combed every inch of carpet around the 20 steps between the bedroom and the table. Looked under the chair, couch and all cushions. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Conclusion: Sheba, aka "Hoover of a dog", sucked it up. This dog leaves nothing unturned. Acorns are her primary source of nourishment on her walks. I don't know where she puts it all. And with as much fruit as she eats, she should be considered vegetarian.

It's now time to take son #1 to the orthodontist for spacer replacement. It's a very quiet ride. Gee, I wonder why I don't feel like talking? Thirty minutes later, we pull into our garage and get out of the car. Damn!! What's that smell?? Did I run over something. I can't even begin to describe the stench. We head inside and find DH. At the same time, son #1 and I ask about the stench in the garage. Here's where it gets good, ya'll.

DH proceeds to tell us that he ... get ready... searched Hoover Dog's poop in the yard. Yes. Her feces, excrement, whatever you want to call it. Went through each pile he could find, gallantly trying to keep the gag reflex from getting the best of him. He was sure that, if she had eaten the missing pendant, it would have been "out" by now.

How could I stay mad at him? The man went through sh*t for me. I think it must be love.

A post script -

Later this evening, I decided to look once again. Scouring the carpet near the blinds, I find my treasure hidden in the track of the sliding doors. No where near the area where the pendant had been. The find was a big relief to DH, who'd volunteered to keep "searching" until it turned up. Gotta' love him. :-)

1 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Kimberlee. What a sweet hubbie, heh, and VERY glad you found the pendant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home